Ballinasloe Social Services is governed by a committee of volunteers who are drawn from different walks of life in the local community
The Committee meets in the Social Services Centre on the first Wednesday of every month (excluding July & August)
Chairperson: Padraig O'Ceithearnaigh - Padraig is from Ballinasloe and has been involved in the Irish language all his life in the areas of teaching, youth and community development and finally as Assistant Director of Comhdháil Náisiunta na Gaelige, the umbrella body of Irish Language voluntary organisations. He is now retired and has been a Board member since 2011. He is a member of the Governance sub-committee.
Vice-Chairperson: Regina Power - Regina is a Ballinasloe native and a National School teacher. She has been a Board member since 2009 and is a Company Director.
Treasurer: Jenny O'Sullivan - Jenny is originally from Mayo and has lived in Ballinasloe for 40 years. Her professional expertise comes from the banking sector and she has been a member of the Board since 2003. She is a Company Director, chair of the Audit sub-committee and a member of the Governance Committee. She is also a volunteer in our Day Care Centre.
Secretary: Michael Lally - Michael is a long standing member of the Board who became involved in the services in 1980 and was Chairperson from 1984 - 1986. He is a retired Secondary School teacher and qualified Counsellor. He is a Company Director and a member of the Vetting sub-committee.
- Sr. Alacoque Gleeson - Sr. Alacoque is a Mercy Sister, who was Director of our Day Care Centre from 1982 - 2009 when she retired from her nursing post with the HSE. She has been on the Board since 1982 and was Chairperson from 2003 - 2006. She currently works in the HR department of Mercy Sisters Western Province ans is an active member of the local community.
- Ann Kenny - Ann is a native of Ballygar, Co. Galway and is a retired Public Health Nurse, having been based in Ballinasloe for most of her professional life. She is a member of the Board since 1976 and was Chairperson from 1993 - 1996.
- Annette Lynagh - Annette is a native of Cork and has lived in Ballinasloe for over 40 years. Her professional background is in education as a Home Economics teacher and she had been on our Board for over 20 years, serving 2 terms as Chairperson. She is a Company Director
- Margaret Oliver - Margaret is a retired National School teacher and has been a Board member since 2005. She is a Company Director and also a volunteer in our Day Care Centre
- Regina Power - Regina is a Ballinasloe native and a National School teacher. She has been a member of the Board since 2009. She is a Company Director
- Tess Raftery - Tess is originally from Tuam and is a retired Civil and Public Servant, having worked in Revenue and the Road Safety Authority. She has been a Board member since 2011, is a volunteer with our Day Care Centre and a member of the Governance and Audit sub-committees.
- Padraic Walsh - Padraic is a native of Portumna, Co Galway and has lived in Ballinasloe for 17 years. He is a retired Garda Sergeant and was elected to the Board in 2014.
- Stephen Kerr - Stephen is a native of Clones, Co Monaghan and a former Bank Manager, who has lived in Ballinasloe since 1993. He joined the Board in 2016.
Sr. Alacoque Gleeson